Two paid internship positions are available at the Global Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies (GIIS). The intern will be supporting research activities in various research projects led by GIIS research fellows. Hence the intern will both contribute to, and benefit from, the ongoing research activities of the GIIS.
Position: Research Internship (2)
Job Location: Kathmandu based (occasional travel within Nepal)
Nature of Employment: Fixed-term Contract (initially for six months with the possibility of extension)
- Search and download scientific literature and conduct literature review
- Collect, curate, and manage spatial and non-spatial data
- Assist in desk review and field works
- Participate in trainings and learning workshops
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in any developmental field preferably social sciences
- Focused and willing to follow the research ethics,
- Able to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and concepts
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Flexible in working hours
GIIS believes inclusion and diversity to foster excellence and efficiency. We aim to build a diverse and inclusive work environment for researchers and staff.
Application Procedure: To apply for this position, email your current CV (2-page max) and a letter of interest as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Internship_TheGIIS
Deadline: 7 September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.